Join now - be part of our community!

Can't access Internet Browser on Bravia TV

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
quarte
Visitor

Can't access Internet Browser on Bravia TV

I have a new Bravia. When i try to access the Web through the Applications Menu, Internet Browser it takes me to a "choose Country" page and after selecting UK, to the Sony UK Website.. I can't get further than this. Is there a way to access a web browser.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
quarte
Visitor

problem solved by going to Options and selecting 'enter url' .. everything working fine now, though a lot slower than pc or laptop..

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I cannot give you full step by step instructions as I dont have a 2014 TV, but should be reasonably close.

1. Load up the web browser as per the FAQ instructions : HERE
  2. Press the [Options] button on the remote control, and the following menu should appear:
    DSCN0543.JPG
  3. Scroll down to "URL Entry" on the menu and press [OK] on the remote control.
  4. Use the on-screen keyboard and type in the web address (ie http://www.google.co.uk)
    DSCN0546.JPG
  5. When done, highlight the [Enter] button on the on-screen keyboard, and press the [OK] button on the remote control.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
quarte
Visitor

problem solved by going to Options and selecting 'enter url' .. everything working fine now, though a lot slower than pc or laptop..

New_technology
Visitor

:smileyconfused:I also have same problem with my new sony bravia TV, (Sony web page preventing me for accessing the web browser) my tv model is KDL-26EX320, but when I choose 'Options' the 'Url' choice is not listed.  Can anyone suggest an alternative solution?

tigers50
New

on the sony kdl bravia i cant access internet browser it come up as file not found with blank screen any help please

tigers50
New

i go on to the app browser it comes up saying file not found

spiegelmaestro
Explorer

I have a Bravia TV (Sony Bravia KDL- 24EX320). I want to access the web. I go through the process and get the Google search page up by inserting the Google URL and achoieve the Google search page. However  how do I then get into the Google search line in order to type in a search the internet.  

Cheers DB 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thats the difficult part.  You need to use your remote controls arrow buttons (up/down/left/right) to basically give focus or highlight the search text box.  Once done, just click the OK button on the remote control and an on-screen keyboard will be displayed.

Cheers

spiegelmaestro
Explorer

I can get the google search text box but when I highlight it and press OK, nothing happens. The on screen keyboard input box does not appear. Could it be that Google is the wrong search engine to use? DB

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your model is a 2011 TV, I also have a 2011 TV, and google works just fine on the TV, so....

Try going to a website that has another text input box and test to see if the onscreen keyboard works.  If it doesnt, I think a factory reset of the TV is required - as I vaguely remember that this resoved someone elses problem. 

gopi57
New