Join now - be part of our community!

Can't access Internet Browser on Bravia TV

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
quarte
Visitor

Can't access Internet Browser on Bravia TV

I have a new Bravia. When i try to access the Web through the Applications Menu, Internet Browser it takes me to a "choose Country" page and after selecting UK, to the Sony UK Website.. I can't get further than this. Is there a way to access a web browser.

33 REPLIES 33
gopi57
New

not access internet browsing goole search and ohter sites  what can i do

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately you have not given much to go on in your description - Have you tried pressing the [Options] button on the remote control (when on the web-broweser) and choosing "Enter URL" ?  An on screen keyboard will then pop-up for you to type a web address into.

If you are still having problems, can you please reply back with the model of the TV as well as what you have tried to do and what exactly do you want to do

Cheers

i cannot access google on tv Internet is connected ok all I get is Sony site type Google in search bar.                     Http://google /.net select enter all it shows is a blank screen and says 404 not found can any help please

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If the Sony webpage loads up fine, to access another page all you have to do is press the [Options] button on the remote control, and scroll down with the remote controls arrow down button until you find "Enter URL"  Press OK on this.  Type in : www.google.com

The web address that you stated of Http://google /.net is not a valid address.  Its http://www.google.com or http://www.google.co.uk

Cheers

Hi thanks for reply I cannot find where to scroll down to find url can you please help step by step thanks my Sony tv is kd49-8505b

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately I cannot give you full step by step instructions as I dont have a 2014 TV, but should be reasonably close.

1. Load up the web browser as per the FAQ instructions : HERE
  2. Press the [Options] button on the remote control, and the following menu should appear:
    DSCN0543.JPG
  3. Scroll down to "URL Entry" on the menu and press [OK] on the remote control.
  4. Use the on-screen keyboard and type in the web address (ie http://www.google.co.uk)
    DSCN0546.JPG
  5. When done, highlight the [Enter] button on the on-screen keyboard, and press the [OK] button on the remote control.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Many many thanks with your help got it at last but please note my tv does not show enter url but the basic is the same as your diagrams thank george

Have the bravia 48W605B. Cannot go on line to browse the internet. Have everything else, Netflix etc. I need to be able to browse the internet.  I would appreciate if you could help me with this matter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Can you please describe in more detail why you cannot use the internet browser?  Have you located the internet browser icon?  If so, what happens when you try to use it?

Cheers

DaveH10
Explorer

when going into www through Applications I am unable to access the internet