Join now - be part of our community!

Can't change settings on certain HDMI inputs? BRAVIA Tv model KD-49XF7003

profile.country.GB.title
Mmjohnst
Explorer

Can't change settings on certain HDMI inputs? BRAVIA Tv model KD-49XF7003

When watching digital tv I can select options and up comes lots of things I can change. However when I’m using my Apple TV box via HDMI Input the options button on my remote doesn’t work. How can I change scene selection etc whilst view my Apple TV? Or even my Roku which is attached via HDMI also

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi Mmjohnst,

That's weird! Do you know if this happens with 4K content only over HDMI? For the meanwhile, I'll try to look this up o see whether this is normal or not.

Cheers,

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
Mmjohnst
Explorer

Hi. Thanks for replying. Iv actually solved the issue. I do have another problem I’m wondering if you can assist with?  The audio is really out of sync when watching HD Channells and out of sync a little watching normal digital channels. I set the volume output to PCM but that hasn’t helped. I’m using a Sony HT-XF9000 Soundbar. The option to adjust the sync doesn’t help at all. Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi Mmjohnst,

Super! How did you manage to solve it? Also, sometimes a simple power cycle to both devices can solve audio sync problems.  I'd also say you can test another cable (HDMI/Optical) and let us know if it makes any difference.

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
Mmjohnst
Explorer

Hi. I didn’t realise I had to use the sync menu button whilst on a hdmi input source. I have tried using a different hdmi cable but no change. My main hdmi cables or Belkin ultra fast cables which can handle 48 gbps bandwith.  As far as I am aware that’s more than the standard 18gbps that hdmi with Ethernet can handle. Although I am no tech wizard. Very much a novice. My set up is as follows. My Apple TV goes into my soundbar in socket and then another cable goes from sound bar out into my tv arc socket on my tv. I have no audio issues whilst using Apple TV but do have when watching the tv channels. Digital tv channels  there is a slight delay but hd channel delay  is pretty awful. I have seen on Sony website and it does say there can be a delay if soundbar is connected via hdmi or optical. What else can it be connected with if tv does not have Bluetooth which my tv does not. Surely there is something that can be done? I never had this problem when I had a Samsung tv and Samsung soundbar. Thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hello Mmjohnst, 

Have you tried connecting the soundbar to the TV via Optical cable? In this case, you'd need to plugin your Apple TV directly to the TV. If that didn't work, I'd suggest that you check if your TV is running the latest firmware version here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-xf70xx_x70xxf_x73xf-series/kd-49xf7003/downloads/...

Vanilla_