Join now - be part of our community!

Can't get Netflix to activate on my Bravia

profile.country.en_GB.title
dd4005
Visitor

Can't get Netflix to activate on my Bravia

Hi,

I've signed up to Netflix (on my computer) and can watch things on the computer just fine. So my Netflix account is good.

My Bravia KDL-40HX705 is networked and is running other apps (e.g. youtube) just fine.

The problem is when I go into the Netflix TV app and choose "YES" I do already have a Netflix account, at which point the TV will give me an activation code. When I go to netflix dot com slash activate on the computer and enter that code, it gives me activation failed. Every time. I've tried it about a dozen times. Clicking either Help or Contact Us on the Netflix site doesn't work - Chrome and IE both give an error. Chrome says it's a redirection infinite loop, and they both report the site as potentially dangerous.

Has anyone had the same issue? How did you resolve it?

If I can't get it working, I'll just have to run Netflix on my Wii, but I don't really want to do that. Or can I run Netflix on my Sony Blu-Ray player ?

Message was edited by: dd4005

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

As far as I know this model doesn't have Netflix so not quite sure why its displaying a Netflix application icon? canyou attach a pic of the other applications its showing as well? Do you have iPlayer or is it showing you Hulu/Pandora etc etc?

Thanks

dd4005
Visitor

Yes I have Netflix but don't have iPlayer or Pandora.

Here's the list (which is far too long for one picture):

Video:

Search Internet Video

Video Unlimited

Amazon Instant Video

Hulu Plus

Netflix

Free Hollywood Movies & TV Sports

YouTube

NHL Vault

AOL.on

Weathernation

Wild TV

Snag Films

ACC Digital Network

blinkx

Break.com

Billabong

3D Experience

Indaba Music

Tara Stiles Yoga

Cult Movie Network

Moviefone

The Wiggles

Euronews

Huffpost Live

Canal

XOS College Sports

Wired

Yupp TV

Epicurious.com

Concierge.com

Style.com

CinemaNow

Catmambo
Contributor

Yup - this is the US listing not UK which is why you can't see the UK listings. Netflix is only on more receent models (details at the FAQ at the top of the page).

If I may, I'll lock this thread and can just continue in your other one for ease.

thanks