Join now - be part of our community!

Can't get video outputted!

profile.country.fi_FI.title
Atmocrafter
Visitor

Can't get video outputted!

Hello!

I Use the sony bravia (32EX302) and I want to record my game. I Have a video capturing system which you need to plug in component video cable and left and right sound cables. Or you can plug in an S-Video Cable.

I can drag out the sounds with cables from the back of the television, but I cannot find a component video output or an s-video output. Please help! How can I get video outputted as S-video or with the component video cable from the sony bravia.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

No Tv's have a video output as far as I know as thats the purpose of the TV itself and some of the potential piracy issues would also prevent it. I think the capture device needs to be connected to the games console rather than the TV, to capture the video being output from the console as a pass through, but check the manual of the product.

Thanks

Atmocrafter
Visitor

Thank you. I just am a bit of a noob and do not know how to connect it to the console. Not xbox, but I can connect it to the wii; but the problem in that is that I cannot play it on TV then 😕

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

No problem :slight_smile:

This question might be  better asked on Wii forums as this is the critical device here. A quick search shows a bunch of videos on Youtube which talk about how best to do it also..

Hope this helps

Atmocrafter
Visitor

Yes, I know... But I less wanna record wii, more xbox... Have thought of many titles but yet not thought how to connect the console to the TV AND the recording software :smileygrin: Thank you!