Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot access media files on laptop to display on TV?

profile.country.GB.title
avshore
Explorer

Cannot access media files on laptop to display on TV?

We have nx713 and sony dongle to access internet. I have windows vista and Windows Media Centre on laptop. I can see TV in network sharing on laptop. I have set various files to share, ie music, photos etc., but cannot see on TV. I have searched for servers but cannot find them. I have refreshed internet content but still no pictures or music. I have read some of the other queries some speak about dnla, but I do not really know what this is. I thought I could use Windows Media Centre to share my pics,  music etc., any help would be appreciated. thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Download http://www.serviio.org/ and install on your PC. Once you've told it what files to share, then the BRAVIA should then be able to see them.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
avshore
Explorer

Hi, I have just loaded Servio, as suggested, it was quite easy for me, as I am a bit of a novice, I just followed the instructions on my laptop, I found the website very easy to negotiate and after loading, opened Servio Consol and told it what folders to share. I now realise that I must tidy up my pictures as they are all over the place. thanks for help, all is working well now.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Great - glad its working. Seems like it is the best compatible piece of DLNA software for BRAVIA.

Thanks