Join now - be part of our community!

cannot play music from a computer to a Bravia KD 40v5801 over a wired lan

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Carlos5
Explorer

cannot play music from a computer to a Bravia KD 40v5801 over a wired lan

I am attaching a Win 10 desktop to my Bravia TV model KD 40v5801 via a wired LAN and I can see the server from the Bravia tool selection (Network) and it is recognised when I run the server diagnostic. When I open the music library from the TV screen (tools) I can see the music files and can open them right down to the individual music file to be played, However, once I select the music track to be played I see a dial open on the TV screen which just rotates as if its searching for the file to play......but it never plays. I've set up the computer for file sharing so I'm not sure where the problem is ?  Any ideas 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

TV's only read MP3 so... Yes!

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Carlos5
Explorer

Thanks for the clarification.  Rather than try to convert all my .mwa files to MP3 I decided to reload a physical CD I had available in MP3 format. When I did this I could then play back through the TV over the LAN from the computer, so problem solved thanks to your information. Many thanks 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

To play files that are received from a network
device, they need to conform to one of the
following file formats.
- Still images: JPEG format
- Music: MP3 format or linear PCM format
- Video: The following file formats stored on the
sever: AVCHD, HDV, MPEG2-PS (which in some
cases may not be able to be played)
profile.country.GB.title
Carlos5
Explorer

Hi Marino,

Thank you for responding.  The files I am trying to play are .WMA files (Windows Media Audio files). As I said in my original post, when I try to play the files from the TV, I can see the full folder structure on the TV, right down to the individual track I am trying to play, but when I select the file it just puts up a rotating dial on the TV as if its waiting for something or trying to find something............I have previously played music from an earlier computer on this Bravia TV but can't remember what the files were. Shall I try changing the file type from .WMA to another player ?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

TV's only read MP3 so... Yes!
profile.country.GB.title
Carlos5
Explorer

Thanks for the clarification.  Rather than try to convert all my .mwa files to MP3 I decided to reload a physical CD I had available in MP3 format. When I did this I could then play back through the TV over the LAN from the computer, so problem solved thanks to your information. Many thanks