Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot update firmware on a Bravia KDL-37EX503

SOLVED
iancray
Explorer

Cannot update firmware on a Bravia KDL-37EX503

Hi. I have tried to connect my KDL-37EX503 to the interent but although it connects OK, it cannot find any servers. I checked the general settings and found that there is a new level of firmware available so have downloaded this onto a USB stick but when I follow the instructions and insert the USB stick into the slot on the TV, nothing happens. The TV just stays on whatever channel is selected. I really need to get the update done before looking deeper into the server problem especailly as I know it all worked OK about 3 years at my old house using an old repeater. Does the USB have to be a Sony make and what does it have to be formatted too. Thanks. Ian

10 REPLIES 10
iancray
Explorer

Hi

Aplogies for the late reply but I can only get hold of a PC at the weekend. Yes it all worked perfectly well when the USB stick was formatted on a PC and the file was put inside the folder as per instructions. They should add that this has to be done using a PC as the although it all looks OK when formatting and downloading from a Mac, it just doesn't work. Thanks to all fopr your help. Ian.