Join now - be part of our community!

Cant connect to internet through Sony Bravia TV - KDL-40EX723

profile.country.GB.title
turtlemoon
New

Cant connect to internet through Sony Bravia TV - KDL-40EX723

Hi.. When I try to access the internet through my Sony Bravia - Model Num - KDL-40EX723 it comes up with an error. as follows

Unable to complete secure transaction.

The server does not want to accept enabled ssl/tls protocol versions

Have no idea what this means any help would be much appreciated

Thx

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @turtlemoon,

does the error pop up when you try to access a certain website or upon opening the browser.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
turtlemoon
New

Hi Nic.

Happens upon opening the browser.

thx

profile.country.GB.title
turtlemoon
New

Hi Nik. Since my last post I have not had a reply. Just wondered if you have an answer to my question.

Many Thanks

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @turtlemoon,

sorry for that, the notifications are all marked as "read" upon clicking the bell icon and since I am rather active on the Community, it can happen that I then overlook one or multiple posts, since I think I already looked at them.

Can you please take a photo of your screen with the error message and upload it to your next reply? I will then check with technical support.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
albayrakbedir
New

Hi, I am Melek,

I am trying to connect any internet adress but seucre transaction error comes continually. I can't solve the problem. I want your help. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi albayrakbedir, welcome to our community! 

What is the model number of your TV? This link will help you locate it: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00248604

Also, was it connected before? If yes, try the below: 

-Unplug the TV from the mains for two minutes, and restart your router. 

-Change the port on your router if it's a LAN connection. 

-Check with another cable if it's wired. 

profile.country.GB.title
ED8500
New

Hi, so did anything come out of this reporting?

I'm just starting this function (yeah yeah, I know) of my KDL-37EX720. Connected over wire, doing the connection check, all is well (IP address, netmask, ... the lot, even my modem says it is connected since it shows me the MAC address in the list of connected devices).

However opening a webpage gives me a "SSL/TLS" error. So most likely that means the FW of my tv is too old.

Anybody tips on how to solve this?

Thanks a bunch...

profile.country.GB.title
ED8500
New

Ah ok, just bumped into this one: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-legacy-lcd-tv/kdl-37ex720/software/00271214

So is anybody somewhere hosting those old versions?

Thanks!