Join now - be part of our community!

Colours of plugs don't match colours of holes.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Alice-In-Wonderland

Colours of plugs don't match colours of holes.

:thinking: I have just got a new DVD player, a Sony DVP-SR750H.  I want to connect it to my TV which is a Sony Bravia KDL-32V4000.

However, whilst on the DVD player there is a designated red hole, yellow hole and white hole, on my TV there are 2 red holes, a white hole, a blue hole and a green hole.

Therefore I don't know which holes to stick the red, yellow and white things into!  Tried various combinations and get a lot of buzzing. 

There are also matching holes on the side which have the right colour combinations, but this also gives a lot of buzzing.

So:  which thing do I stick in which hole?

Also, if this can't be done and I need to buy an HDMI connecting cable, how on earth am I supposed to know from the millions out there on the market, which to go for?  It only needs to be about 3/4 of a metre long, too.

A
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i think you are referring to the "in the box" cables, if thats the case the best place for that is the bin!,

get yourself a HDMI cable from the likes of Amazon you do not need a fancy expensive one, i got one from there and one of the 3D ones for a tenner and its perfect.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i think you are referring to the "in the box" cables, if thats the case the best place for that is the bin!,

get yourself a HDMI cable from the likes of Amazon you do not need a fancy expensive one, i got one from there and one of the 3D ones for a tenner and its perfect.

Alice-In-Wonderland

Thank you for your advice.  I ordered an HDMI cable yesterday and it came this morning, and everything has plugged in nicely and the quality is great. So simple!  :slight_smile:

A