Join now - be part of our community!

Concaved (Curved) TV

Anonymous
Not applicable

Concaved (Curved) TV

Been looking at LG's new concept curved TV. WHY !!!!!! What benefits other than the marketing dept's "IMAX-like viewing experience" Nahhhh, I just wanna lie on the couch and watch the telly (or Netflix). Thats the part that annoy;s me with 3d, cant lie down. And how would that sit in most lounge rooms (in the UK anyhow).

I have an even better solution, a WHOLE WALL where the window is in a bedroom, covered in a massive OLED TV, displaying the images from the outside. As the window is covered up, the room cannot be classed as a bedroom and avoiding the bedroom tax. The marketing dept could sell it as "Experience the outside, in" HAHA.

On a serious note, at 4.3mm thick, where are the speakers!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

What utter rubbish!, clearly this is a marketing gimmick, they cant even get their picture image right let alone their designs, the only reason i can see why they put a curve in it is because its so thin it wouldent stop flexing when its stood up!, hence the curve to strengthen it! besides at that price point i cant see it taking off, and it dont matter where the speakers are if you cant see the image very well why even bother listening to it.

i only hope Sony dont do anything stupid along these lines just to put a claim to be "first" like make a wavy set!:smileycrazy:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Ditto - I read the piece on the BBC at the weekend and still don't understand why. Seems like an engineering statement rather than a consumer need or request.

Maybe we should make a convex rather than concave shaped TV instead to improve the depth of field for 3D...:smileywink:

Anonymous
Not applicable

No no no no and NO CONVEX TV's. Arrrgh. Im just picturing a modern LED TV, retrofitted into an old style CRT TV Box from the 1960's !

Better yet, the Holodecks on Startreks Voyager (or DS9)

Although I never thought about the Engineering aspects that Bravia and Cat said above. Its probably too thin and flexible that It cant even stand up. So they will make it "bend" and market it as an IMAX experience. Bad move in my opinion.