Join now - be part of our community!

Connect laptop to TV - KDL-43WE753

profile.country.GB.title
pete1412009
Explorer

Connect laptop to TV - KDL-43WE753

Hi all,

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-43WE753 TV.  Is it possible to project my laptop screen onto this TV wirelessly?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Better the Cable but, if your PC has the adapt hardware and if the devices are in the same Network maiybe you can try via Mirroring (Miracast tecnology).
You can also buy a Chromecast adaptor for a Cast from Chrome Browser, but don't forget a possibile lag (Images, Pointer) when use the Wireless...
profile.country.GB.title
pete1412009
Explorer

Thanks for the help.

Both the TV and my laptop are connected to the WiFi network.  When I try and Connect to a wireless display through Display > Settings, and then select my TV, it is unable to connect.  Please see below.Screenshot 2023-04-15 110939.png

I feel like I am doing something wrong.  What are the instructions on my device that I should be following?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

There are a lot of compatibility problems with the Mirroring (Miracast), for a "Cast" you need a device like a Chromecast...
profile.country.GB.title
pete1412009
Explorer

Ok, so even though my TV can directly connect to the Web, I still need a Chromecast to make this work?

Which Chromecast would you recommend for this?

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Your TV is not 4K so, any Google Chromecast not 4K (but the Chromecast 4K has faster hardware) and at the price you want...
profile.country.GB.title
pete1412009
Explorer

I assume that an Amazon Firestick would be no help with this issue?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@pete1412009 

Correct.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
Piscie
Community Team

Hello @pete1412009 the only way to connect the TV to your PC wirelessly is through the Wi-Fi Direct feature. Check this out. Hope it helps!

profile.country.GB.title
pete1412009
Explorer

Thank you so much @Piscie 

I managed to connect via the instructions in that link.  What are the next steps that I need to take in order to display on the TV?