Join now - be part of our community!

Connect smart tv to the internet.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Neville453267
Visitor

Connect smart tv to the internet.

I have just purchased a Sony KDL-40HX853

and am trying to connect to the internet. During the process I am asked to enter on-screen, and using my computer, the pin no. of my router, but I cannot see how to do this. Can anyone help please?

Message was edited by: Neville453267

8 REPLIES 8
gofrost

try connecting by using wps if you have a wps button on your router and the option on the tv

Neville453267
Visitor

Hi Ghost, and thanks for your interest.

I have a BT home hub and although it has a wps button it does not work, and on contacting BT I have been told that this button is not active on the home hub.

On trying a second option I am being asked to enter a pin number shown on screen into my router, but this is not possible as there no way of doing this.

Another option asks me to enter my home system wps key using my pc, but I just don't know how to do this.

Any other suggestion would be very welcome.

Thanks again.

Catmambo
Contributor

Maybe look at getting a pair of homeplugs if you are having problems with your wireless?

Something like this..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s...

june29gil
New

Just got Sony Smart TV Model KDI-32w-706BQ

How do I set it up for the internet

and what will I need

Thanks Terry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @june29gil 

Can I assume that you already have the internet at home?  If so, you can either use an ethernet cable to connect the TV to your ISPs router or connect to your router wirelessly.

See this link below (and choose which ever way you wish to connect your TV to the internet.  e.g. Wireless or Wired)

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/14HE334111/EN/index_593_301.html

Simply follow the instructions.

Cheers

I have a new 55 inch Sony Smart Bravia tv how do I get facebook on the tv screen please - what is the search engine  I am connected to the internoet and that is ok and I can get netflix you tube and various catch up stations but dont know how to connect to facebook or my hotmail account

Thanks

derekorr
Explorer

I have just connected new 49XD8305 TV to SKY HD box via HDMI cable and the SKY TV is working via SKY remote.

Two problems.

1.  The volume control does not work from SKY remote.  Only works from Sony remote.  How do I remedy?

2.  The SKY internet hub is upstairs and works via wi fi to connect to SKY HD box under TV downstairs.  The TV shows that it is picking up my SKY network and I have put in my SKY password as requested.

However, when I try to open up google play  on Sony remote it asks for Google account.  I sign it with my hotmail address and password and it says network  connectivity lost.  Go to wi fi set up.  I press WPS button on SKY hub and says searching for WPS router.  On TV it  says connected successfully and try again to sign in.  Then says connectivity lost and try again.  Tried several times but with no success.

How do I remedy?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Question 1:

Try the following : https://www.sky.com/help/articles/program-your-sky-remote-to-control-your-tv

Question 2:

What is the Wifi Signal strength on the TV?  Is it really low? If the wifi signal is low, you might want to look into a set of Homeplugs instead and use a 'wired' connection.  Also, arnt you supposed to sign into Google Play using a Gmail account and not hotmail??

Cheers