Join now - be part of our community!

Connect Toshiba Laptop to Sony Bravia

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mickaj
Visitor

Connect Toshiba Laptop to Sony Bravia

I am trying to connect my Toshiba laptop to my Sony Bravia KDL 32EX703 so that I can use a flight simulator software. I have tried a TV out connector to USB, this did not register. I am told that I can connect using a DVI connector from the external monitor connector to HDMI and this will work but I need to know whether the DVI connector, a Super VGA HD15, Analogue only unit to HDMI will work? Can I use a Super VGA HD15 connector to DNI-I/ HDMI connector and then plug the HDMI into the television.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mickaj and welcome.

Exactly what outputs does your PC have?

If it has a VGA 15-Pin Monitor output - so does your Bravia and you can connect using a VGA Monitor Cable.  If you need sound you will also need a cable from the headphone socket on your PC to the VGA Audio-in socket.

Bravia_PC.jpg

:thinking:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Mickaj and welcome.

Exactly what outputs does your PC have?

If it has a VGA 15-Pin Monitor output - so does your Bravia and you can connect using a VGA Monitor Cable.  If you need sound you will also need a cable from the headphone socket on your PC to the VGA Audio-in socket.

Bravia_PC.jpg

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mickaj
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

Many thanks for this. Yes my laptop has a 15 pin DVI VGA output and an audio out socket so I will try it.

I have now checked the back of the TV and it has the same 15 pin VGA.

Again, many thanks.

Mickaj

mukesh72
New

I am  not able to connect my toshiba laptop with bravia TV as there is no HDMI port in my laptop, Tried to connect with convertor( HDMI to VGA) but notconnected, need to guide me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

What model TV do you have?

On your laptop, do you have a DVI connection or just VGA?

Also, what type of HDMI to VGA converter did you use?

Cheers