Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting Xbox to sony bravia 26T2800 in HDMI

SOLVED
Rosc99
Explorer

Connecting Xbox to sony bravia 26T2800 in HDMI

I have tried and tried.....how the hell do I do it. I have a picture , games are playing fine.....but not in HD...or...if that is the quality of the HD , it's rubbish

I am sure there is something not right

any suggustions would be welcome

Thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I wouldnt worry about the HDMI device list, as this is generally for compatible devices that supports Control for HDMI.  But in Settings under HDMI Setup, ensure that HDMI Control is switched on.

In regards to your original problem about HD.  This TV supports either 1080i or 720p so ensure in the settings of the Xbox that you are outputting at least on of those. 

In regards to any picture settings, there is very little to experiment with, but look under the Picture Adjustment Menu.

See the TV's manual : HERE

To be honest, its hard to advise you, because there is very little settings on the TV that you can adjust.  You must also bare in mind that this TV is approx 7 years old now. 

I hope there is something in this to help you at least.

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You will need to check the settings on the Xbox.

See Xbox Support Forums:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/default.aspx

Cheers

Rosc99
Explorer

I was on to Xbox support yesterday....them say it is a TV problem....I agree the HDMI works fine on my other TV.

I am not the best at this kind of stuff...so it could just be a simple setting thats wrong.

When I go into device list on the Sony menu...nothing....like it is not reconised 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I wouldnt worry about the HDMI device list, as this is generally for compatible devices that supports Control for HDMI.  But in Settings under HDMI Setup, ensure that HDMI Control is switched on.

In regards to your original problem about HD.  This TV supports either 1080i or 720p so ensure in the settings of the Xbox that you are outputting at least on of those. 

In regards to any picture settings, there is very little to experiment with, but look under the Picture Adjustment Menu.

See the TV's manual : HERE

To be honest, its hard to advise you, because there is very little settings on the TV that you can adjust.  You must also bare in mind that this TV is approx 7 years old now. 

I hope there is something in this to help you at least.

Cheers

Rosc99
Explorer

thanks for your help

Sapper024
New

Unable to find hdmi in settings options