Join now - be part of our community!

Constant display of channel / resolution - how to turn off?

SOLVED
grundyn
New

Constant display of channel / resolution - how to turn off?

I have a Sony KDL-32S3020 which I have connected via HDMI to a computer, to allow me to watch video files through it (essentially an HTPC setup).

The problem I have is that whenever the TV is showing the HTPC output, the channel name (AV5), number, and resolution are constantly on in the top left corner of the screen as you look at it. They don't show constantly on normal TV, and I'm at a loss as to how to get rid of them.

I have tried:

- Different HDMI ports on the TV

- Trying to autodetect HDMI devices via the sony menu settings

- Altering settings in the graphics card control (catalyst)

Any help gratefully received.

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
Babbacombelee
Explorer

Thanks but are you saying you get the same message? It sounded as if you had an answer but the post doesn’t give one. Thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
nohackmove

Didn't work for my 49XE8005.

I try different quality hdmi cables, on all hdmi inputs. The banner on top appear randomly during viewing anything from any of hdmi ports.

Tried the suggestion at first page but did not solve it for me.

It keeps appearing while watching a movie from pc or while watching tv channels from a TV TOPBOX.

I have the latest software installed.

profile.country.IE.title
Styrmling
Explorer

Can an option be added to a future firmware update to turn off the info banner permanently? It just gets in the way. I have the KD-43XE7002

profile.country.GB.title
fnazifa
New

My problem still remains!! My TV is KDL 43W750D. This HDMI 2 Stereo 1080 contuniously keeps on coming even after i press i+, it just temporarily goes. I don't have the info banner option in my setting. I need help.IMG_20180705_030740.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Keefinit
Explorer

Thank goodness you put this "cure". It was driving me nuts. Would not have found this fix without your guidance. Many thanks! 

profile.country.GB.title
stucoult
New

To turn the info bar completely off, follow these steps:
  1. Press the [HOME] button on the remote control.
  2. Scroll down to 'Settings' and press [OK]
  3. Select 'Channel Setup' and press [OK]
  4. Scroll down to 'Info banner' and press [OK]
  5. Select 'Off' and press [OK[
  6. Then return out of everything.
profile.country.GB.title
Giannipardhanani
New

I have a model KD 65XE7004 and i do not have the banner option as described in these replies. How can i remove the banner? Its very annoying !!!

profile.country.GB.title
misterbroon
Explorer

I did the switch off under Channel settings and it still comes up (Not as much, but still appears) I am using a Virgin V6 box

profile.country.GB.title
Babbacombelee
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. I think Ill just have to live with it!!
profile.country.GB.title
Alboy13
Explorer

I have same issue with AV in top left hand side but pressing button top left of controller does nothing model number is KDL-40S2530