Join now - be part of our community!

Desktop computer to KDL47w805a sound connection problems

craigdmcd
New

Desktop computer to KDL47w805a sound connection problems

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have just recently bought a HP Desktop computer and Sony KDL47W8 LED TV. I have had to buy a DVI - HDMI cable to connect the 2, as the computer does not have HDMI output, and the TV does not have a DVI input. Obviously DVI has no sound connection, so I have used the light green audio jack at the rear of the computer and the 2 lowest RCA input jacks on the rear of the TV to connect sound. I have no sound from the TV when using the computer mode, What have I connected wrong?

Thanks

Craig

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Just confirming the following setup:

• PC - DVI (Out) to HDMI (In)- TV
  • PC - 3.5mm (lineout) to RCA (In)- TV
  • Set TV input source to HDMI (and whatever number HDMI port it is)

If you have connected it, whilst PC is running, you "may" need to reboot PC.  Also whilst all connected, goto the sound properties of windows and ensure that you are actually outputting via line-out.

Also, on the TV you "may" need to change to an audio input (But unsure).  I cant make head-or-tails of these instuctions to be honest today (probably a bit tired).  See Number 4 on instructions : HERE

Hopefully this helps you, or assists.

Cheers

craigdmcd
New

Thank you for your reply. I had done all the things you had suggested so finally phoned the Tech guys at Curry's since I get that for a month for free. After much to-ing and fro-ing it has been realised that I can't have sound from this computer to this TV, even though the assistant in the shop new that was one function I wanted the TV for, so a trip back to the store is in order tomorrow.

Thanks all the same.