Join now - be part of our community!

DONT BY A KD TV

profile.country.GB.title
7890zelda
New

DONT BY A KD TV

Is this the place to highlight problems with Sony tv's? Had an absolute nightmare with a KD43x809c. Problems since I bought it 2 years ago, Sony help line have lost 2 reference numbers and the 3rd attempt doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I was told it had a 5 year warranty but the will not reply to requests to replace or refund on iT.
I WOULD NEVER BUY A SONY TV AGAIN, NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY SAMSUNG
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out to us. We've escalated this to Support for you so someone will be in touch to help with the issue.

Thanks,

EdwinaU

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zelda, 

We've heard back from Support and it appears they are still working on your case: 

"The customer was notified via e-mail on 11/20/2017 that the case is under investigation".

They also let us know they have sent it to the correct team, and will get back to you with further feedback once it's available.

I hope this will be resolved for you soon.

Best, 

Arthur

profile.country.GB.title
RY11CHY
Explorer

I bought the 55 inch model new from sony and it has been plagued with issues from the start. Today 24th november 2017 sony are sending me the 2nd refurbished piece of c**p and they still say it will be fine 😂 if thats the case why has it been refurbished????

when you spend all your life calling Sony customer support they will either hang up on you or you can hear them bad mouthing you in the background. I emailed Kris De Pauw
kdepauw@eu.sony.com
General Manager
Sony Customer Service
Sony Europe Limited

what a surprise he has never replied.

how can you expect the department he runs to give you any satisfaction when he can’t be ***** himself 🤣 he is probably too busy messing about with the new aibo dog???

i recently received a brand new pair of the north face boots under warranty which i paid £500 for 2 years ago. It was a simple fault with a zip. Instead of messing about i received new ones so sort yourself out sony you are well down the list in terms of customer support. You are losing customers rapidly and i can see why. If you keep doing what your doing you will keep getting what your getting and that is nowhere. I’m sure nobody from sony will comment on this either 🤣

Edited by moderator - profanity

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @RY11CHY

Just to say Sony don't respond on this forum.

Also its mandatory nowadays that refurbished units are sent as replacements unless

there are extenuating circumstances, or the TV has developed a fault a short time after purchase.

Not ideal I know, but company policy.

profile.country.GB.title
7890zelda
New

They just keep sending me emails telling me its in hand with the right department (Just stalling).
I'm trying to decide what's my next move, I'm sure they are breaking the sale of goods act as its not fit for purpose.