Join now - be part of our community!

EPG reminder function stopped working on 01/01/21

profile.country.GB.title
almaxwe18
Explorer

EPG reminder function stopped working on 01/01/21

I have 2 old TVs - KDL20S4000 & KDL26S3000 - as of this morning (1st Jan 2021) the reminder function on the EPG stopped working. When I try to set the reminder I get an error message saying "This event data is invalid". I use the reminder function a lot to plan my viewing. How do I get ***** working again?

68 REPLIES 68
profile.country.GB.title
readerwendy
New

I have exactly the same problem

profile.country.GR.title
katrini
Explorer

I don't know if it is the same problem but I have no image while Youtube is on. There is sound and the timer and the progress bar but no image. And this happened today.

profile.country.GB.title
PhaedrusUK
Explorer

Yes, same problem here on my Bravia KDL32 (2008 model with reminder and timer rec & MANUAL REC functions on the EPG now erroring with "this entry data is invalid" since 1/1/21.  A y2k21 firmware problem I presume.  Is there a firmware upgrade available for KDL32-3000?

profile.country.GB.title
Sony_and_Share
Explorer

KDL 32P3020  Same problem since 2021  "This event data is invalid"

Can't even put a manual time in. It's just ignored.

The set hasn't got a USB port for updates. The only hope would probably be a tweak via the system service menu.

It's double edge sword for Sony. Their TV's are still working perfectly 13 years later but let down by a silly programming error.

profile.country.GB.title
MotcoUK21
Explorer

I have only just found this thead after searching for a reason why my Bravia KDL-15G2000 TV will no longer set reminders. It is very annoying as this feature is/was very handy. I hope that a Sony technician sees this and comes up with an explanation and, with luck, a remedy.

profile.country.GB.title
Shetravels001
Explorer

Same problem here. Just stopped working on 1st Jan. 

Perfectly good TV.  Surely not forcing an upgrade in these austere and green times?

profile.country.GB.title
frescoleraye
New

And the same here, although ours is from 2006.

Had nothing but Sony TVs for 40 years, never had a single problem until now. Bloody Brexit!

profile.country.GB.title
Delb50
New

I also have this problem on my 2007 Bravia KDL-40D3000 - ie 01/01/2021 the reminder function on the EPG stopped working. When I try to set the reminder I get an error message saying "This event data is invalid". I also use the reminder function a lot. So #### annoying. Tv is still perfect otherwise. Believe it is sloppy programming re y2k dates. No USB ports and no Sony firmware update/ fix available over air ????

Same problem on our KDL 32V4000