Join now - be part of our community!

EX503 plus Belkin Play Router. Unable to see all files.

profile.country.en_GB.title
pariley44
Visitor

EX503 plus Belkin Play Router. Unable to see all files.

I have a KDL 40EX503 connected with a DNLA compliant Belkin Play Router via a wired connection.  The router has an external HDD with all my photos (jpg), music (mainly mp3 and wav) and videos (many Sony formats).  These are arranged in subfolders like my PC.  The TV can see the server and the drive but will only see some of the picture folders ie about 2 out of over 100 and those appear to be in no particular order.  I cannot see music or video files at all.  I have tried reformatting the HDD to FAT instead of NTFS and using a minimal directory structure but that makes no difference.  Can anyone help out with advice or similar experience.  Thank you

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
KDL-CX520
Visitor

Hi

Thank you for posting your question @ Sony Forum

Further explanation for the problem , i would like to mentioned i saw many posts here have disscusions about Belkin router problems

When i did search i got this results page https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/search.jspa?q=Belkin&containerType=14&container=2307

I believe TV has no problem at all , what you see / not seen on the TV screen based on the sender which is Belkin player

The router has DLNA streamer software which is embedded as a part of firmware ( not sure because i don't have one). I am not sure also if your model can accept install additional DLNA streamer such as Serviio or not.

Belkin website may have more details

I suggest you to reset your player router and updated it with the most recent firmware.

Regards

pariley44
Visitor

Thanks,  I have asked a few more people and it seems that DNLA is a variable feast; even working differently with similar hardware!  I think the real solution is to find a Router that works with the EX503.  Any suggestions?

Catmambo
Contributor

Hi, welcome to the boards..

Maybe speak to your ISP and get a replacement router? Worst case get a replacement Netgear or Linksys.

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=netgear+router+834&gs_upl=6518l7398l0l7550l4l3l0l0l...

This is one of the most popular routers in the UK - indeed I use one in the office. Why? Does the job without any trauma, indeed, many ISP's use this as their stock router, certainly O2 and Sky have done in the past and maybe still do..

Hope this helps