Join now - be part of our community!

FACE MOVEMENT

profile.country.en_GB.title
anseage88
Visitor

FACE MOVEMENT

I have a Sony Bravia HD TV When in HD I have a great picture but I get what I call "Face Movement". For example When a bowler in cricket walks back his face distorts as he moves.

It is annoying and I cannot get rid of it.

Can anyone help please

Regards

Harrythecat

Tags (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Catmambo
Contributor

When you say in HD, is this on all sources? just on sky etc ? Have you got Motionflow switched on?

thanks

Bravia55HX

Hi,

this subject crops up a lot and whilst Sony has pretty much got motionflow down to a tee, sometimes this happens, usually this is down to too much processing by the tv and a very good start is to turn all processing off especially motionflow or at the very least set it to low, that should cure it.

anseage88
Visitor

Thanks

I shall have a look at this motionflow

anseage88
Visitor

I do not want to appear thick but how do I adjusr motionflow

Thanks

Catmambo
Contributor

You're not thick - I had to go and remind myself also!! :slight_smile:

Press options on the remote and you should see a motionflow option. Maybe try taking it down a notch and see if that improves things..

thanks

anseage88
Visitor

Thanks for your help but not on my options

I have a Bravia Model No-KDL-32EX301

Perhaps I do not have this option

Catmambo
Contributor

Try doing a factory reset on the Tv then and taking it back to scratch. Worth also seeing if there is a firmware update. Details on both are in the BRAVIA Internet Video FAQ on the front page.

Thanks

anseage88
Visitor

There is a firmware update but it appears a bit complicated for me.

It also states that if not done properly then the TV may need repair.

Frightening stuff now!!!!

I will try a reset soon and see if that helps

Thanks for your help

KDL-CX520
Visitor

Firmware update is so easy automatic steps if your TV have internet connection by LAN cable or wireless by using the buttons on remote control home> product support> software update.

I guess face movement problem (motion flow) is related to the firmware issue (which control your TV engine or called CPU) . it is not related to any hardware repair. don't worry. Just try to update your firmware either by LAN connection or by USB memory.

Regards,