Join now - be part of our community!

Faint lines/shadows on Bravia KDL40EX503U

profile.country.en_GB.title
thommo14
Visitor

Faint lines/shadows on Bravia KDL40EX503U

Hi there,

I recently bought a Sony Bravia KDL40EX503U, and up until tonight I was very pleased with it. Then, while watching football, I noticed some faint lines/shadows when the camera was panning horizontally. After seeing them, it's all I could see throughout the game and it totally ruined my viewing experience.

I wonder if this is a fault.

I would appreciate any info on this, and whether I should contact Sony to ask for a replacement.

Kind regards,

T

3 REPLIES 3
nishmalek
Visitor

yes i have the same problem with my kdl-40v3000. noticed when watching football. unfortunately i have no warranty and this is not a known fault to sony on my model so i have payed a fortune for my tv to last 2.5 years. i know this is an expensive fix as my dad used to be a tv engineer. unfortunately he passed away last year so i cant get him to sort it out for me!

ask sony if it is a known fault first.,... i reckon they will deny this, then if you have no warranty after a year basically they ask you to get in contact with a service engineer where you will just have to pay for your repair. there are many people on the internet who have the same problem. i hope you get more help than i did. most people are saying its a panel fault. somepeople are saying its a screen fault.

seboyad

Hi, it's a manufacturing/design fault.

Google vertical banding on LCDs and you'll see what I mean.

leonintelex
Visitor

Just done some research,   apparently some Toshiba models suffer the exact same problem as this se,  if you look at the photos it is almost an identical fault (What would  be classed as a TCON Faliure).

Toshiba's  stance is a world away from Sony's.  they will offer a hassle free  exchange for a new TV (of a similar spec of course) or a credit uplift.

1. No need to send to a service centre
  2. No need to pay £70 of your own money
  3. No wating 4-6 weeks without a TV
  4. No intergation over the problem, they understand it is a manufacturing fault
  5. They offer a friendly understanding approach to the fault

Why  Toshiba do this and Sony dont is beyond me,  it must simply be that  Toshiba care more about their customers, show fairness and try to be  helpful rather than a hinderence.

Sony please take a similar stance to your competitors, we just want a TV that works ... thats all!