Join now - be part of our community!

File transfer from Android to Bravia via Wifi Direct

profile.country.en_GB.title
AlanJB
New

File transfer from Android to Bravia via Wifi Direct

My Samsung Galaxy GT-56500 Android 2.3.6 connects via Wifi Direct to my Bravia KDL-32EX724. The TV screen shows 'WifiDirect Mode' at top-left and a diagram of the two connected appliances. However, I can't send pictures, video or music from the phone to the TV. The phone's options to send or share via Wifi Direct don't work.

I've seen this or similar questions in this forum and others. The only 'answer' is to forget about Wifi Direct and use some app instead. The questioners use different phones but all use Bravia TVs, so I think this is a Sony problem. Show me a solution & I'll be pleased to admit I'm wrong.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.fi_FI.title
nikke1
Visitor

I think the problem might not be in the tv. I am able with my Xperia ion and bravia kdl55hx75g to send content from phone to tv. It even possible via homenetwork as I have registered my phone to my tv. The only problem I ha've is that the connecting might sometimes take as long as few minutes. I also ha've noticed that the tv isn't too often connected to the homenetwork so it's not therefore connected to the phone instantly. And The wifidirect on the other hand, has proven to be even less effective usually not working at all.

profile.country.en_GB.title
AlanJB
New

It's me, back again. Thanks, Nikke1, I agree that getting a connection is slow, and that sometimes it takes more than one attempt to get a connection, but since we both find this with our different phones, it's more likely to be a Sony Bravia problem. You succeeded in sending content to the TV from your phone, so maybe the hour or two I spent unsuccessfully trying to do that wasn't long enough. But I expected better performance from Sony.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'homenetwork'. Did you mean a DLNA connection? If so I don't want the expense and trouble of fitting ethernet cables and adaptors, I spent quite enough on the TV!

profile.country.fi_FI.title
nikke1
Visitor

I meant wifi. Don't know if you have one but good luck trying.

profile.country.GB.title
insomniac53
New

Have you had any luck solving this problem? I've managed to connect my phone (GS2) to Sony TV via WIFI Direct but can't get any media to display. The WIFI direct icon on the phone says that it's conected to the Bravia TV and the Bravia TV says it's connected to the phone, so all should be well. But, as soon as I select a file from the phone (simple JPG, just to test it) with the option to "send via WIFI Direct" it says there's no connection. I've looked at a YouTube video which seems to show it can be done, but I'm stumped. The connection vanishes as soon as I try to send an image. Any definitive solutions yet?

profile.country.GB.title
princeitaly
Explorer

hi sony 

how to download files and transfer files from mobile to sony bravia kw800d

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @princeitaly

That model number you provided is incorrect.  If you have an Android based TV, have a look at this thread as it provides a couple of ways:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/side-loading-apps/m-p/2346113

Cheers