Join now - be part of our community!

Film & 3D: Learn & Enjoy

profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

Film & 3D: Learn & Enjoy

Here you'll find all the latest Film & 3D related tutorials and posts we think you'll enjoy.

Learn and Enjoy is all about sharing, and we welcome you to get involved with the community, share your thoughts, your ideas, and any tips and tricks of your own that has made your 3D experience a better one!

Become an active forum member, and hear from similar enthusiasts such as yourself. There are power-users who can help you with setting up products, as well as experts who can guide you through ways to do things better.

Learn and Enjoy - after all, it's your world!

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.de_CH.title
rahulchauhan
Visitor

I have a few half SBS mkv files and I would like to like to enjoy them on the bigger screen. Can you please offer some help.

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonbrisc1
Explorer

Perhaps the method I use to watch 3D ,mkv files on my Sony KDL46EX723 would be helpful.

All my 3D ,mkv files are on a 1TB External Hard drive, formatted NTFS. I plug this hard drive into my Sony Blu-Ray 3D player BDPS-480 using the USB socket (on the front panel). I can then view the 3D files using the  player remote to select the files I wish to watch. This enables me to view ,mkv files in the majority of cases, Sometimes, due I think to variations in the .mkv file the file will not play.In that case I convert the .mkv file to another format, usually .TS. Unless the file is corrupt, I can view all my .mkv files using this method.

I find that using the Blu-ray player to view 3D files,  improves the 3D quality somwhat, and it seems to play almost all formats.

My player is connected to the TV using HDMI cable via a Sony SON-HTSS100 sound system.

Hope you find this method helpful.

profile.country.da_DK.title
Nielsen

I use a laptop with homestream as server and a wireless home network connection to my EX720 for my half SBS 1080p mkv movies. However this solution requires maybe that all items are working at optimal conditions.