Join now - be part of our community!

Firm ware updates/ internet problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
icklemouse
Visitor

Firm ware updates/ internet problems

Hi

Basically bought the sony bravia KDL 32E X403 about 9 months ago.. version is PKG4.089EUL-0108. The problem is im not sure which channel that sony send there updates down to your television, as due to the area i live, at present we cannot recieve stv, channel 4, 5 or itv2 and alot more, in freeview, or diggy box) due to railway, airport, trees and you name it, bad reception area, hopefully when digital comes fully activated and stronger,that will sort that problem, therefore, how do i know that im getting the updates, and that my version is up to date. Can you download up to date version and put on a flash drive from sony support, had been informed by a sony shop you could, but cant see any link to help, as can see that being the only way i can.

I have a netgear universal adapter, which works hit or miss depending on time of day, weather, sneezing etc, very annoying, dont know if its a router problem or just not compatible.. funny thing is the bluray sony player, updates fine, check diagnostics, fine.. but cant seem to make the connection to the network, this is where i was wondering if the tv was not getting updates or input for the tv to locate the right information to access the codeing to demand 5  site etc etc.. i ve tried the universal box on someone elses tv,, works fine.. reset router, keeps saying no problem, attached a laptop once by wireless worked fine, and also by ethernet cable in the back of the universal box, works fine,

Any suggestions.. as pulling my hair out..

regards:smileyconfused:

Message was edited by: icklemouse

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Meestar
Explorer

Hi Icklemouse,

I have assumed that the firmware comes via the network, not TV channel. If you have an intermittant connection then yes, updating with a memory stick is probably the best way. This is the link to the firmware page here: http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=FW_Bravia4092L&ch=7&m=...

Just be sure to follow the instructions carefully.

Good luck!

profile.country.en_GB.title
icklemouse
Visitor

Hi thanks for the link

Television updated, till have problems with the universal box, seems to still stop and start with the streaming..

profile.country.GB.title
Meestar
Explorer

I have a Linksys and was having a few minor problems, but updated the firmware for the Linksys and all is OK. So you might want to do the same with the Universal Box. I also changed a setting on the PC that was my DLNA server. I noticed that the network card had a power save mode and took that off. I have also read about the power save on PC's also making a difference, as many spin the HDD down after no PC use, and if you are streaming data but not using the PC, his could also prove an issue.

Anyway, just a few pointers that may or may not help your connection.