Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware update for KD43XE7003 freeview play not working!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Gfotos1
Explorer

Firmware update for KD43XE7003 freeview play not working!

I have recently installed the latest update on my non android model with the hope it would give me freeview play as promised. The only thing that seems to have changed is the EPG which now shows a coloured  freeview play logo in the top right hand corner.  Using the remote when I try to scroll back nothing happens.  Could I be missing something or will there be a further update to make it functional.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
manninca

Hi,

When you navigate left in the EPG do you see earier times/days in the EPG format ?

mine just switches to freeview play app.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

At the moment it looks like Sony do not have any products supporting Freeview Play. There is a list of supported products on their website if you want to see what works with it. 

Cheers,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
Gfotos1
Explorer

Hi thanks for your reply
The firmware update details from Sony suggest that freeview play should be
available. I rang my Sony store in Leeds and they said new updates will
enable freeview play on non android models.
As I said the logo is now there on the EPG but that’s all
Regards David [personal details removed by moderator]

profile.country.GB.title
Gfotos1
Explorer

Hi Freeview play now seems to work on my model by going into my standard EPG then scrolling to required channel and then left clicking the navigation ring. Most of the main channels work with the exception of ITV. All in all I don’t find any great advantage with this software, at least not how Sony has set the open platform up!  Any comments!

profile.country.GB.title
manninca

Hi,

When you navigate left in the EPG do you see earier times/days in the EPG format ?

mine just switches to freeview play app.

profile.country.GB.title
Gfotos1
Explorer

Yes everything working fine now. Thank you for your reply.
profile.country.GB.title
Gfotos1
Explorer

Earlier programs do not appear as quickly as on the app proper! Sometimes they can be two to three hours after.