Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware Update long delayed

SOLVED
OAP1948
New

Firmware Update long delayed

My KDL-32EX503 has been without and Internet connection for more than a year. Cannot get it to access internet now. Thought a good starting point would be to check Firmware and work forward from there. Latest is I think PKG4-131EUL-0108, but the set has PKG4-117EUL-0108. Can I 'leap' from 117EUL to 131EUL or is this likely to cause trouble? I have found how to update using a USB stick.

OAP1948

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes you can.  All Sony TV Firmware updates include all previous updates before hand.  So you can 'jump' FW versions.  In regards to the available internet apps - some have been discontinued now - iPlayer and YouTube to name a couple.

Cheers

View solution in original post

OAP1948
New

The Firmware Update solved all the problems I was having. Obviously the older version could no longer allow/cope with internet access. Within minutes of the update completing I had all the video options I used to see. To be fair it has probably been the better part of two years since the Tv had a network cable installed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes you can.  All Sony TV Firmware updates include all previous updates before hand.  So you can 'jump' FW versions.  In regards to the available internet apps - some have been discontinued now - iPlayer and YouTube to name a couple.

Cheers

OAP1948
New

The Firmware Update solved all the problems I was having. Obviously the older version could no longer allow/cope with internet access. Within minutes of the update completing I had all the video options I used to see. To be fair it has probably been the better part of two years since the Tv had a network cable installed.