Join now - be part of our community!

Freeview Play wont scroll back through EPG

profile.country.GB.title
manninca

Freeview Play wont scroll back through EPG

Hi, Ive just bought a sony tv KD49XE7073SU-S because it stated freeview play support. It updated itself to latest firmware and freeview play symbol is showing in epg.

When I try to scroll left/back in the guide it switches to recommendations from the channels player that im watching it wont scroll back through the epg and show earlier days or times. All the channel players are working and I can view catchup tv ok.

I thought you could just scroll back in freeview and select a programme that youd missed from the guide, am I wrong, is this tv supposed to do that in freeview play.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

You will find the info you need here: http://bit.ly/2EDQxau

If this doesn't help, please contact support: http://bit.ly/1Yo3R6C They will be able to help.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
manninca

Hi Thanks,

I have the backward arrow in EPG and I have the latest firmware V8.500.

When I click backwards Freeview play opens into a "recents" screen showing catchup programs from the channel I was watching, these are in large icon format with no indication of when they were screened and I can scroll sideways throught them.

I can't see these programs in a program guide format showing channels and times they were screened.

I thought this was what Freeview Play did to make it easier to find things.

I dont know if the TV has a fault and needs to be returned or this is by design and doesnt function as other Freeview Play devices, I may be missing something really obvious????

Thanks,

Chris

profile.country.GB.title
nickmaddison
Explorer

same problem Sony KDL-49WE663,  

v 8.233 update done

When you navigate left in the EPG to see earlier times/days in the EPG screen the tv just switches to the app that is for that channel. No help from sony except uplug, reset 'first birthday', check internet, think will have to return to shop.

profile.country.GB.title
Bluejet99
New

KD-43XF7093 won't scroll back through EPG - despite carrying Freeview Play logo and despite John Lewis product description saying that it does.  Sony deny that TV is not functioning as specified - case opened with John Lewis for refund for misleading product description - case opened with Freeview for Sony misrepresenting this TV as including Freeview Play functionality when it does not. Freeview Play MEANS that should be able to able to scroll-back through EPG and not have to open individual player apps to search for programme.