Join now - be part of our community!

Green screen from Bush combi DVD and VCR?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Nuthatch
Visitor

Green screen from Bush combi DVD and VCR?

Hi

Have a Bravia KDL-32S2030 which is usually connected to a Sony RDR GX120 DVD player and a Skyplus box. Recently came across some VHS cassettes in the loft and tried to play them through a BUSH DVHRS02 combined DVD Recorder and VCR thinking that I could transfer anything I wanted to keep to DVD (used SCART connection).  Output to the screen was green and could not find any setting on either device that would change this.  Are the machines incompatible?  When I played the VHS cassettes through a small portable TV there was no problem.

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nuthatch
Visitor

Have found a solution but not the one I was hoping for.  I bought a SCART to 3 phono lead in Tesco and connected via the three jacks on the side and the Bush Combi now works fine allowing me to continue to use my Sony DVD player/recorder as the main DVD connection (SCART to SCART) via Smartlink.  This gives full functionality for sound, etc.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

From memory, green screens usually had something to do with a dodgy SCART lead. Have you got another one to test?

Nuthatch
Visitor

Thanks for responding.  Tried several SCARTS but always the same outcome.  Connected successfully by SCART to small portable which is why I'm thinking about compatibility at a more fundamental level.  Just to be clear - the image is transmitted to the screen but only in black and green - its not a solid green screen.

Nuthatch
Visitor

Have found a solution but not the one I was hoping for.  I bought a SCART to 3 phono lead in Tesco and connected via the three jacks on the side and the Bush Combi now works fine allowing me to continue to use my Sony DVD player/recorder as the main DVD connection (SCART to SCART) via Smartlink.  This gives full functionality for sound, etc.