Join now - be part of our community!

Guide not working on KDL-40W5810

profile.country.en_GB.title
ukscorpion
Visitor

Guide not working on KDL-40W5810

Hi,

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40W5810. The Freesat TV Guide has stopped working - Does anyone know how to fix this?

When I press the "Guide" button on my remote I get the Freesat Events menu - If I select "All" or any of the categories it just says "No events available".

I have not upgraded the Firmware since I purchased the TV in July 2010, but when checking it in system information it states Software version as 1.720SA - Is this the most recent firmware?

I would appreciate any help or advice!

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
grrrrrr
Visitor

I have the same problem (KDL-37W5810).  Pressing the guide button under freesat gives nothing.   Just had freesat fitted today.   I have the same firmware version you have and this is the one listed on the support section as being the most recent.  http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=FW_Bravia1720SA&ch=2&m...

Hope someone knows the answer....

Thanks.

grrrrrr
Visitor

Not being a patient person.  I came back a couple of days later and it had updated.  Can't be sure on exactly how long I left it, all I know is I went back in and it had updated.   I assummed it would be that, but it seemed to take a long time (days not hours) to update. I would expect an EPG update to take a max 24hrs for the full days epg schedule to get updated with a new one.. Happy as it now works...:smileyhappy:

I had this problem with Digital TV.

i took sometime looking for answer then look at the TV set.

To work it out.

Then realised that the ( FAVOURITES BUTTON) was selected,

So I deselected this in the EPG Screen, by. Pressing the favourites. Button.

Then TV was fine

profile.country.GB.title
chballa54
New

I had this problem along with an issue that the ITV app would not show the ITV programmes.

Did the below and sorted both issues...Click apps in menuClick apps in menu

Scroll to very bottom and select YVServiceHostScroll to very bottom and select YVServiceHost

Click clear data and clear cacheClick clear data and clear cache