Join now - be part of our community!

HD freeview channels problem KDL-40HX723

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
kikko4e
New

HD freeview channels problem KDL-40HX723

Hi all,
just a quick question about the freeview HD channels, I used to recieve them on my fine on my previous set KDL-37EX723 but the picture is breaking up and cutting out on the HX or it just doesn't appear at all.

Take BBC1 HD for example; on the system information page the signal quality is 0 & the strength is 8 or 9 and theres a tiny bit of red on the bar so by the information here the aerial isn't up to scratch.
However I've changed nothing with my aerial so I thought it could possibly be the TV itself. Will an aerial signal booster improve the signal enough ? I really don't want to have to get up on my roof and mess around unless I have no choice ...
Any help is appreciated ! :thinking:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i have a similar experience with HD channels and my aerial is good!, i was told by an installation engineer to hold on till the new year when the transmitters have stopped faffing about with HD testing and see if things improve, i have a signal strength of 30 but the quality is 100 but only on HD, on standard freeview they are both on 100, i may even consider changing my aerial again at a last resort, but it may improve yours if its never been done.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Strange - have you updated the firmware on the TV? There have been several updates since release which may have improved things...

Thanks

Bravia55HX

Hi,

i have a similar experience with HD channels and my aerial is good!, i was told by an installation engineer to hold on till the new year when the transmitters have stopped faffing about with HD testing and see if things improve, i have a signal strength of 30 but the quality is 100 but only on HD, on standard freeview they are both on 100, i may even consider changing my aerial again at a last resort, but it may improve yours if its never been done.

profile.country.GB.title
joyce9
New

ho do scan for all channels using my sony remote