Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI Audio drop out on KDL-32BX320

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
lmsmith01
New

HDMI Audio drop out on KDL-32BX320

Hi All, I Hope somebody can help me on this...

I have a new  KDL-32BX320 LCD TV and I'm suffering from a split second audio drop  when using HDMI.

I have an Amstrad Sky+ unit and a LG BluRay player.

I'm using the TV speakers only (No other audio units)

The Audio drop out only seems to happen when using HDMI (SKY and BluRay present the same issue).

The picture is perfect at all times and the audio drop out  can happen twice in two minutes or four times in seven hours...

I've tried three different HDMI leads (Currently using an expensive one from the Sony shop) with virtually no difference between any of them.

I've tried that many different settings on the TV I've lost track , tried equally as many on the sky box.

On the advice of Sony I took it back and had a replacement TV.

I have exactly the same issue on the new one TV

I've contacted Sony and they have recomended that I contact the repair department again as they think the second TV is faulty.

I just dont belive two new TV's from sony would have the same fault.

I feel its a conflict on settings but its strange, I have the problem on both Sky and my Bluray player...

In short.

Split second audio drop out is present on all HDMI driven units.(Sky and BluRay).

It does appear to be worse when watching 1080i like BBC HD. I tried watching in a lower resolution but the problem was still present

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

just to update you that Sony have been made aware of the problems you've mentioned here & are looking into it..

If & when I hear more I'll let you know..:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
rmwool
Visitor

just bought same tv today and having the exact same problem, so looks like i'll have to return it and buy a different make as no point getting another if this is a common problem.

Scottay91
Visitor

I got the same problem with my TV, so I took it back today and swapped it over and same thing is happening, so I rang up Sony 08705111999, they seem to think the problem is when it swaps over from 1080p to 1080i, they said they get back to me, with a update for the TV, so best off ringing them.

CRAIG120375
Visitor

Sadly I am also suffering from these sound drop outs via the HDMI too. I got a replacement from Argos and this is also suffering from the dropouts. Called Sony and they suggested I updated the software on the Sky HD box (Samsung). I've done that and it's still persisting. It's very dissapointing as for now it looks like Sony don't have a solution.

CPH043
Visitor

Having similar problems, after reading these posts Im loathed to return tv to Argos as the replacement probably will do the same.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

just to update you that Sony have been made aware of the problems you've mentioned here & are looking into it..

If & when I hear more I'll let you know..:smileyhappy:

mcooke74
Visitor

Had exact same problem, rang sony and decided to let them send out a local engineer rather than return tv. Engineer came out Tuesday (14/09) & did no more than factory reset tv & search sony website on my laptop! But had a call Thursday (16/09) & was informed a firmware update was available & that technical bulletin was being written before being released. Was hoping for a call Friday but looks like i'll have to wait till Monday. Fingers crossed.

lmsmith01
New

After countless calls to Sony explaining I didn't want the TV being replaced  with another one with the same issue.. ..They then gave me a repair number and sent an engineer. He's never seen it before either and promptly took the tv away for further investigation... I just know they won't find the cause and I will be left with this issue.  On the plus side the engineer witnessed the issue first hand(I'm not convinced Sony are treating this serious). I'm hoping for the best..

mcooke74
Visitor

Engineer came back monday & installed upgrade, all now works great. Took a while but at least all is fixed.

Scottus31
Visitor

How long before the firmware is made public? The sound drop outs are really annoying and I hate missing important parts of movies and games.