Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI Out Of Range Issues

HDMI Out Of Range Issues

I was watching the BBC iPlayer on my laptop through my Sony Bravia KDL-32BX300 last weekend via HDMI cable. A few days ago I bought a Samsung set top box/recorder, when I plugged it in to the TV the box turned on and the TV switched to the appropriate channel but an "Out Of Range" message appeared in the top left hand corner. I went in to the setting of the STB via composite cable and made sure the output was set to 720p, still nothing, so I tried 420p/570p and 1080p/1080i, still nothing, always the out of range message, but the TV is recognising the box is there as it is saying so at the very top. I decided to start again and go through to see if I had missed anything, starting with plugging the laptop into the TV......now that doesn't even work! I get an out of range message when plugging the laptop in, I tried all four of the HDMI ports on the TV. The cable is brand new and last weekend was the first time I used it. The cable says on it HDMI 2160p Hi-Speed, I thought the cable could be affecting it but if it worked once why wouldn't it again.

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated,

Thanks In Advance.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The Out of Range message is normally due to resolution (as you have experimented with).

The KDL-32BX300 has a native resolution of 1366x768 (or 720p) at 60hz.

What you can do, connect the Samsung recorder up to the TV via another cable such as component.  Set the required display resolution.  Then reconnect it via HDMI.

As you have played around with resolution settings, you may need to ensure that your laptop is outputting the correct resolution via HDMI to the TV as well.

Cheers

PS: A quick googling search suggested trying PAL / NTSC switch over.

Also, if you have a spare HDMI cable, wouldnt hurt as a test either.