Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI Problem KDL-40W5710

profile.country.GB.title
Steve_J
Explorer

HDMI Problem KDL-40W5710

Hi,

Im currently having problems connecting my Laptop and Xbox to my Sony TV (kdl-40w5710).  Im trying to connect them via HDMI and both have previously connected with the TV in the past without a problem.  I think last week was the last time they were both working.  To my knowledge, neither has been tinkered with, so no settings have been changed on any device.

Whenever I connect the laptop (a month old i3 HP-G62 running Windows 7 and Integrate graphics) it crashes completely, upon restart Windows gives a message along the lines of 'your graphics adapter had a problem but successfully restarted'.

Whenever I connect the xbox, I get nothing, no picture and no sound.  No matter what I try i cannot get it working.  I found that by pressing Y and holding the right trigger it resets the display settings, but that didnt work.  I even took my xbox next door and tried it on my neighbours TV (we dont have another HD tv!) and it worked without a problem.

Both devices do however work on their alternate settings (VGA for the laptop and the component cable for the xbox).  Now the wierd part; the Sony blu-ray player works perfectly fine via HDMI on the same TV.  I have tested the cables, so it isnt them, and the player works on all 4 HDMI ports, so im completely lost for any ideas of what the problem might be (Other than Im just really unlucky!).  Sony have offered to send out a support technician, but if there isnt a fualt this will cost me and with me not being sure of a fault, I thought it best to ask around first.

If anybody has any ideas, anything at all, please post.

Thanks!!!

0 REPLIES 0