Join now - be part of our community!

Headphone socket on KDL 42W654

SOLVED
kwakefield33
Explorer

Headphone socket on KDL 42W654

I have this TV wall mounted using it's own stand which makes it fit nice and flush. So how do I plug in my headphones so that I can watch without waking up the house? The socket is deep in the back and unreachable. I thought of lifting it off the wall and plugging in an extension lead but I read here on other posts that as soon as I plug in then the main sound is muted so that solution is no good. Any help anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you add a small extension cable to the back of the TV - You will only need to do that once.  You can then set the TV to either output audio to headphones only, or headphones and TV.  This should get around that problem.  See HERE.

Alternatively, I found this on Amazon (Optical to 3.5mm) : HERE  - and then you just set the TV to output audio to either TV or Audio system (hopefully)

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If you add a small extension cable to the back of the TV - You will only need to do that once.  You can then set the TV to either output audio to headphones only, or headphones and TV.  This should get around that problem.  See HERE.

Alternatively, I found this on Amazon (Optical to 3.5mm) : HERE  - and then you just set the TV to output audio to either TV or Audio system (hopefully)

Cheers

kwakefield33
Explorer

Thank you Quinnicus. Great reply and you have solved my problem.