Join now - be part of our community!

Horrible build-in subtitle fonts - How do I change this?

SOLVED
profile.country.da_DK.title
kukukman
Visitor

Horrible build-in subtitle fonts - How do I change this?

Hi experts,

I often use my USB input to watch .avi's with a .srt-subtitle file. The build-in fonts on my KDL46HX855 are simply horrible. There are 4 different types: Font1 CP 1250, Font2 CP 1251, Font3 CP1253 and Font4 1254.

Can I customize these fonts? -and who is the genious who intergrated these aweful fonts?

Message was edited by: kukukman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the .srt files are nothing to do with Sony, this is an extension produced from wherever you downloaded the file from and cannot be changed on Sony products, im puzzled as to what you mean by awful fonts as any subtitles i've ever downloaded have been perfect.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

the .srt files are nothing to do with Sony, this is an extension produced from wherever you downloaded the file from and cannot be changed on Sony products, im puzzled as to what you mean by awful fonts as any subtitles i've ever downloaded have been perfect.

Ricky1988
Explorer

Hi! I have the same TV model, but i can't see file video and separate file subtitles .srt ...if is like if don't read the file .srt and of me see only the movie
Can you tell me how do you make them work togheter???
Best regards
Riccardo
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As far as I believe, this TV does not support .srt files.  The following link : HERE are the supported files and formats for this TV.

However, you can use a third party application called Serviio (available : HERE)  to transcode the srt files into the avi video and stream it via DLNA to the TV.

Cheers