Join now - be part of our community!

Horrible picture and only 576i on my Bravia with digital terrestrial input. What to do?

profile.country.sv_SE.title
seattlegrunge
Visitor

Horrible picture and only 576i on my Bravia with digital terrestrial input. What to do?

Hello!

My last TV broke, a Sony KDL-40W4500. It had superb picture via the Swedish digital terrestrial television provider Boxer.
But I got a new television this week, a newer, a Sony KDL-40EX503.

Gets the signal from Boxer via the Conditional-access module that is attached to the television.

But the picture on my new TV is extremely horrible, it looks as if you look at videos of poor quality on YouTube. Peoples faces are fuzzy and diffuse. Everything is a bit streaky/interlaced, the channels logo in the upper right corner is heavily compressed and pixelated. It looks horrible.

The info on the TV screen tells me that the signal runs at 576i, regardless what channel I am looking at. Swedish digital terrestrial television provider Boxer told me that they broadcast in higher resolution and that I should set my TV to display in 720p or 1080p. They did not know exactly where on my TV to set it but it is possible they said. Just that I can't find anywhere on my Sony KDL-40EX503 where to change the resolution, and I can't find anything about it in the manual.

My old Sony KDL-40W4500 had, as I said before, perfect picture without me having to manually set any higher resolution or change other settings.

Someone who can help me?

Sorry for my rusty English...

Regards,
Mattias

Message was edited by: seattlegrunge

Message was edited by: seattlegrunge

0 REPLIES 0