Join now - be part of our community!

How can I connect my Bravia TV to a speaker system (Sharp HT-SL50) via the HDMI

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
MARTINJHULL
Visitor

How can I connect my Bravia TV to a speaker system (Sharp HT-SL50) via the HDMI

How can I connect my Bravia TV  to a speaker system (Sharp HT- SL 50) via the HDMI ?

I have tried changing the settings in the 'Sound' section to HDMI + External speakers + PCM - but have not had any joy yet.

The only conection I seem able to make to the speaker system which is of any use is via the 'Audio Out' which has got to be second best to the HDMI link.

ALSO - is it posible to change the 'tone' of the sound when using external speakers?

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

you should be able to connect via HDMI 1 on your set as this should support ARC, you need to check your model, also change the speaker setting from tv speaker to audio system, once again if your Bravia supports this, the sound is controlled by the tv so you can change Bass and Treble and volume using the Bravia remote.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Bravia55HX

Hi,

you should be able to connect via HDMI 1 on your set as this should support ARC, you need to check your model, also change the speaker setting from tv speaker to audio system, once again if your Bravia supports this, the sound is controlled by the tv so you can change Bass and Treble and volume using the Bravia remote.

MARTINJHULL
Visitor

Thanks for this.

I have basically tried this - although not from HDMI '1' as my Blue-ray was in it.

But I'll have another go and let you know how I get on.

Have a good Christmas!
Cheers

Martin

MARTINJHULL
Visitor

Bingo - it worked! - Thanks - however I find that in order to adjust the tone I have to go into 'sound' and back on to the TV speakers in order to do this.

But ho hum - that's no big deal.

Cheers

Martin

howmatter
New

Bluetooth transmitter is one of the options. Pls follow below link for more info http://www.howmatter.com/how-to-connect-wireless-headphone-to-tv/
soclumayag
Explorer

How can I connect my Sony TV to my bose speakers? It used to work when we had DirectTV but we changed to concast wireless box.