Join now - be part of our community!

How can I find out if my Sony Bravia tv is HDCP compliant?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Boobookowl
New

How can I find out if my Sony Bravia tv is HDCP compliant?

I'm assuming it's not as it is model KDL-S26A12U and was not bought recently.  But it is supposed to be HD Ready, and having just acquired a YouView box which does precious little at the moment, I am more than a little curious to know for definite.  And extremely frustrated!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Boobookowi,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

I can't find anything to say your KDL-S26A12U is HDCP compliant, however did the solution offered in your other thread not help.?

KDL-S26A12U, YouView compatibility problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
Boobookowl
New

Well for the moment we are connecting with SCART and at least can record and watch.  No HD channels and resigned to buying a new tv in the future.  All tv's should state whether or not they are HDCP compliant.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhhhh, I should have asked what cabling you are using :slight_smile:

Unfortunately SCART does not do HD at all. Even if you have a tuner that is HD, at very best it would down convert it to SD anyhow. Which defeats the purpose of using the HD channels (ie 101, 102 etc). You need to use HDMI or Component cables to display HD content. Even if the TV is HDCP complient, SCART certainly isnt.

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
pongscript
New

I just recently bought a X7007E 49" Smart TV(X70E series) it says on the specs that its HDCP 2.2 compliant... does it mean all HDMI ports are HDCP compliant.. I already set the HDMI to Enhanced Mode..