Join now - be part of our community!

HOW CAN I INSTALL FLASH PLAYER ONTO MY SONY BRAVIA TV?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
THEPAULPARRY
Visitor

Just bought a new sony bravia tv but I am unable to install flash player. Any suggestions?

35 REPLIES 35

So how can I display my smart phone to sony smarr tv and how can I play my facebook games that requires adobe flash I wish I never bought sony very disappointed
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sony have never claimed that flash player is supported.  For that matter it is also not supported on other brands as well.  Besides flash player is on its way out - some streaming sites will be using HTML5 instead (but many havent converted over yet).

In regards to mirroring the display of your phone to TV, you need to make sure that your phone and TV supports miracast.  You have not given model numbers of either, so goto this website : HERE and search for the model numbers of both.  Thats the first step anyhow.

Cheers

I have a smart TV, but I can't see video plays with "her".

Model W80B.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Flash Player is NOT supported on any Sony TV, therefore it cannot be installed.

Cheers.

olethy
New

Please understand that Sony does not care about your needs. Just remember to by something different next time. In Denmark it is not possible to update a TV to Netflix, now it has become available, Sony say I have to by a new one, because when I bought my TV 2,5 years ago Netflix was not available in DK ! But it is only a software update that is needed...!

And pleae a "smart" TV without the possibility of connecting a keyboard??? I know "you didn't say", I know, but I just found it so basic to ever check it..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@olethy wrote:

Please understand that Sony does not care about your needs.

Do you have evidence to support this?

@olethy wrote:

In Denmark it is not possible to update a TV to Netflix, now it has become available, Sony say I have to by a new one, because when I bought my TV 2,5 years ago Netflix was not available in DK ! But it is only a software update that is needed...!

Have you actually read the FAQ and the reasons why?  See FAQ : HERE

@olethy wrote:

And pleae a "smart" TV without the possibility of connecting a keyboard??? I know "you didn't say", I know, but I just found it so basic to ever check it..

One purchased/uses the right tool for the job.  If you need the functions of a computer, you dont use a Televison.

esmarra
New

Anyone tried this method?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuv98HhIZVw

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sony's TVs dont work that way.  So you cannot install Flash player.

Nialfb
Explorer

I must say that I am very disappointed with the Flash Player (or lack of!). I recently bought a new TV and I had set my mind on a Samsung smart TV - I have one already and I am very pleased with it. However, having spoken to the Sony 'expert' in Curry's I explained my needs and in particular FULL integration with the Internet as I want to watch the MotoGP from my MotoGP subscription. I don't want to be giving my money to those robbers at BT Sport!

So the sales guy talks me out of the Samsung and into a 43" Sony Bravia 4K thing and, to be honest, I was really pleased until I tried to watch MotoGP on my TV!!!! EEK!!! NO FLASH PLAYER! So I can mirror my tablet to the TV but hey, that is not quite what it is made out to be and probably give it another few years and it may become something more than a gimic (and yes, I am 100MB broadband so it should be fast enough!) I suppose if you want to mirror your holiday snaps it might be quite good.

So here's the thing - I feel a bit done over! I made a big thing in the shop about wanting to watch video content on my TV and at no time did the Sony 'expert' tell me I couldn't watch Flash content. PLEASE Sony, get with the times and enable Flash Player. You have let me down and probably many others. An Android TV is sold on the strength that it does everything else that my other Android devices do but that really is not the case! I would think twice about buying another Sony TV!

Spgsamuel
Explorer

I've had quite a bit of experience with Sony bravia although this isn't a solution to your problem with flash there are some work around i can think of.

one option would be to use long HDMI cable they can be purchased from amazon inexpensively., but most people don't want a cable dragging through their house and i don't blame them.

another option would be wireless HDMI this is the same a a HDMI cable but it uses Wi-Fi rather than a cable they can be quite expensive. if you are watching TV you need to pay attention to the resolution the Wi-Fi HDMI supports and make sure it supports a resolution you can tolerate. generally the higher then HDMI cable resolution supported the higher the price, i would go for a middle of the range resolution 1080x900 being one of the best 800x400 being the lowest (approximate resolution values)

another option would be to record the show its not an ideal solution i know but it may be suitable for your needs

http://www.ehow.com/how_8500113_record-live-feed-off-internet.html

this link describes recording live broad casts

http://www.ehow.com/how_7314996_record-tv-shows-internet.html

this link describes recording tv show with a schedule.

a problem with Sony is getting a picture or video in a format that can be streamed it can be quite fussy there are several solutions

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/how-to-play-mpg-files-on-sony-bravia-solution/td-p/19167...

this is a codec for TV streaming that goes in the folder of the files you want to stream and puts them in a format the TV understands.

i personally use Nero media home for home streaming it will decode almost any file to the tv without fussing with media files.

another option is to use an internet link device such as steam link, NVidia shield or by building one, micro itx mainboards are around 100-200quid and no bigger than your hand they include built in graphics a built in processor and no need to worry about heating as they don't need any, slap it in a tiny itx box and it will turn you bravia into a pc. you don't need a powerhouse to stream internet tv.

i use a thunder port from my mac laptop to VGA in my telly. but its the same using thunder port  to HDMI so a laptop can beam pictures direct into your TV via the PC channel on most bravia models

i know some of these ideas are quite far out even technical and its a little like throwing stones in the dark but maybe something i described could be useful to you at one point in the future i hope.

--edit--

How many time have you tried to play a flash video and you PC starts with all that 'there is a new version of flash player.' This is the problem, they are overkill its just not fair expecting people to constantly need to update. The old versions are technically fine, but adobe wont let them work, whats wrong with using an out of date flash player that can still do the job until its non functional because it acctually doesnt work not because they decide when it it shouldnt work.

this type of attitude to updates doesnt fly with streaming browsers they just cant keep up and its to be expected that some part of previous version have some functionality. Yes some streaming browsers partially support flash player but not to a level of reliability that is considered functional many go for months at a time without streaming flash player. you may not have noticed this on previous internet browsers but when flash is supported you have to wait for the latest build for it to be included that can take sometimes up to 3 years! They make way to much of a big deal over very little.

--edit--