Join now - be part of our community!

HOW CAN I INSTALL FLASH PLAYER ONTO MY SONY BRAVIA TV?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
THEPAULPARRY
Visitor

HOW CAN I INSTALL FLASH PLAYER ONTO MY SONY BRAVIA TV?

Just bought a new sony bravia tv but I am unable to install flash player. Any suggestions?

35 REPLIES 35
nazzun
Explorer

I have sony bravia smart tv and i cannot see the play botton to play movies from iroko tv

noelc63

As the TV is running Android, and Adobe abandoned Flash on Android over a year ago, installing Flash is going to be difficult. You could find the last released APK (Android Package) for Flash, stick it on a USB stick and see if you can sideload it. To sideload an APK, you'll need something like ES File Explorer. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-so_OA4W1PA for details.

You could also try installing or sideloading Google Chrome, which has Flash integrated.

UPDATE: You do not need to enable "Developer Options" as I show in this video, if you don't want to. It was just a habit of mine from hacking on phones, but later realized it's not necessary. It doesn't hurt anything, but if you'd like, you can skip it and just enable Unknown Sources directly. A ...
Nialfb
Explorer

Being a huge Moto GP fan I was very disappointed that I was unable to watch Moto GP on my TV through my on-line account - no Flash Player! EEK! But now I can thanks to noel63 .... I did it like this.

I followed the instructions in the YouTube video below to gain administrator rights to the TV. I downloaded the ES File Explorer app on the TV via the Google play store) and I also downloaded the Flash Player APK of my computer and saved it to a memory stick. I plugged the memory stick into a port on my TV and installed the APK through ES File Explorer, but still no luck! The web browser on the TV does not use the Flash Player app.

So, plan B ... the Google Chrome route. I went to the Google Chrome app page, via the browser on my computer, logged into my Google account and installed the app to my TV - "No carrier Sony BRAVIA 4K 2015". Google Chrome will not feature as an app on your TV directly. If you open ES File Explorer you can access ALL apps on your TV including Google Chrome. The rest is easy - I went to the MotoGP web page and logged onto my account and I am watching MotGP footage as we speak :slight_smile:

Thanks noel63, you saved the day! Roll on the Moto GP 2016 season!

tahir84
Explorer

hi, how did you download the google chrome onto the Sony Bravia TV, can you please explain step by step. When i try to download google chrome on to my laptop after i sign in on google, it says that it is already installed. Can you please help me as i need to be able to watch sports

Anonymous
Not applicable

To watch sports legally in the UK, you need a subscription to one of the satellite or cable providers which they also provide you a box to connect to the TV with.  Alternatively there is NowTV, which if you dont have the app on one of your devices, you can purchase a box to stream sports content for about £15 + subscription.

Hope this helps.

tahir84
Explorer

thanks, but my question really was that how do you install flash player. one of the method suggested is to install google chrome on to the tv. one of the poster has managed to do it so i wanted to know how. I will appreciate if someone can guide.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google chrome can only be installed if you have a 2015 or 2016 Android based TV.

If you have this:

1. Load up the opera browser
  2. Type in this URL:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.chrome
  3. Install
  4. You will also need to install TV Sideload Launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.tv.sideloadlauncher

To run Chrome via the tv, just load up the side load launcher and then run Chrome.

If you have any other Sony TV other than the Android based ones, then it is not possible.

Cheers

tahir84
Explorer

thanks alott. my tv is 

Sony KD 55X8005C - 55" LED Smart TV - 4K UltraHD

do you think it will work on this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep.  It will work, as your model is Android based.

Good luck :slight_smile:

Nialfb
Explorer

Quinnicus ... "To watch sports legally in the UK, you need a subscription to one of the satellite or cable providers ..."

That is not strictly true, you do not need a subscription with either a satallite or cable provider to watch sport legally! To watch Moto GP I have a subscription with MotoGP.com which gives me access to the MotoGP on any device including my Android TV via Google Chrome.