Join now - be part of our community!

How do I parental lock 'you tube'???

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Lorraine6
Explorer

How do I parental lock 'you tube'???

I don't know if the answer to my question is staring me in the face but I can't seem to find it!!!  I want to lock you tube or the whole 'video' bit, so that my young children can't stumble upon things they shouldn't.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lorraine6
Explorer

Thanks for your help but we use our router for our internet as well......I will just have to make sure that I always have control of the remote :slight_smile:

Lorraine

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

I do not think that You can do that. You can just lock programs over parental lock.

R

Damac

Lorraine6
Explorer

Thanks Damac,

I hope Sony take note of this and do something about it on new products, as you tube can be accessed 24/7 and has stuff on it that's alot worse than some of the channels I can lock??!!

Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Thanks again

Lorraine

profile.country.GB.title
Meestar
Explorer

Hi Lorraine,

Just a thought, but you could probably set up access restrictions on your router. Most usually have some form of setup for this, and often this allows this to be set up on a time basis, so you can restrict it until say 9.00pm

Might be a workaround?

profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

We will provide it to branch office and we will see. Thank You for Your feed back.

Regards

Damac

:slight_smile:

Lorraine6
Explorer

Thanks for your help but we use our router for our internet as well......I will just have to make sure that I always have control of the remote :slight_smile:

Lorraine

Lorraine6
Explorer

Thanks

Lorraine