Join now - be part of our community!

How do I play my KDL46W4000 TV through my DAV-DZ860W surround?

profile.country.en_GB.title
thesheriffsoffice
Visitor

How do I play my KDL46W4000 TV through my DAV-DZ860W surround?

Hi,

Why doesn't my TV sound come through my surround sound system???? :slight_frown:

I'm sure this has been answered many many times and I'm sorry if it has but for the life of me I can't make it work.

As stated, I have a Bravia KDL46W4000 and a DAV-DZ860W home cinema system. I've recently spent a small fortune on various cables (HDMI, Digital Optical & RCA Gold Stereo) as advised to do so by so called 'know it alls'!

For your information I also have an BDP-S570 Blu Ray, Sky+ HD, PS3 and Wii all connected to the TV (3 by HDMI, 1 by SCART).

When I go into my TV menu and choose Options, Speaker and Audio System (rather than TV Speaker) and all goes silent.

If anybody can help you'd make an old tired man very happy!!!

:slight_smile:

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

A lot connected devices mate, but axtually I will connect PS 3 to DAV with optical cable. As You say between devices is hdmi and that is ok. Just add optical between tham too. On PS3  select HDMI connection in video settings. Manu-settings-video settings.... On TV select hdmi port...hdmi1, hdmi2, hdmi 3 when You whatch content from PS 3. If You whatch it from BD than chose hdmi port for BD and connect same way.

You know---hdmi OUT  issue.

R

Damac

:slight_smile: