Join now - be part of our community!

How to change channel numbers from trasmitter

profile.country.GB.title
muffin1947

How to change channel numbers from trasmitter

I should be receiving my signals from the Heathfield transmitters and the channel numbers should be 52 49 42 44 41.I am getting them all apart from channel 41 and am getting channel 28 instead of 41.Channel 28 comes from Crystal Palace.How do I change channel 28 to channel 41.I thought I had changed it but when I went back to watch a program it had gone back to channel 28.I get all the correct channels on my other two TV sets and on my set top box.Can someone please help.Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You might want to try a manual tune of the channel/multiplex in question.  Once done, you will need to disable 'Digital Auto Service Update' in the tvs settings - otherwise the tv will do a rescan each night.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
muffin1947

What I am doing at the moment is as follows go into settings then into Digital Setup then into Digital Manual Tuning I then click on the channel number which in this case is 28 then use the up arrow to change it to 41 thats as far as I get as not certain what to do next and if I then go back to watching the TV the channel has changed back to number 28 again and cannot get it to stay on channel 41.What is the LNA for should it be on or off.Have done numerous re-tunes but that does not work.Will go to my nearest Sony Centre tomorrow and ask their advise.

profile.country.GB.title
muffin1947

I have now seemed to have solved the problem.I had a email from Sony suggesting I do a factory reset which I have just done and channel 38 is now showing as channel 41.So will ait and see if it stays as channel 41.Thanks for your replies.

profile.country.GB.title
Simply4Me

This isn't particularly a Sony problem. It can happen with any TV when there is a strong signal from a second transmitter site. 

The answer is to fit an attentuator in the aerial feed, to drop the signals to a level where the secondary signal is ignored by the TV but the main signal is still acceptable. After scanning a correct set of channels you can remove the attenuator and stop the receiver from re-scanning, or if the main signal is still good you can leave it in.

A suitable attenuator value is usually 12dB, but if that doesn't work you might have to use 6dB or 18dB.

You can get attenuators from Maplin for about £6, but they are cheaper on eBay.

Hope that helps.