Join now - be part of our community!

How to connect your Bravia TV to your PC to play media files

profile.country.en_GB.title
slowtrain
Visitor

How to connect your Bravia TV to your PC to play media files

Hi All

This seems to be quite a popular question since I joined the discussions. So I thought I'd share my limted knowledge on the subject.

If your Bravia TV features DLNA you can quite succesfully play all your media files from your pc on the TV.

You should have your TV connected to your BB router. I'm lucky as my router is next to the TV and I just have a short LAN cable connecting  to it. But you can use HomePlugs or the correct Sony wireless adaptor if the router is in another room.

Next install mezzmo, there is a free trial period you can download to see if it works.

http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/default.asp

Installation time can vary as it scans your pc for all your media files ready to be used. If you have any ATRAC music files you may want to convert them to MP3 as far as I can see this fle type is not supported.

As the installation continues it will recogise the TV if it's turned and if you have one your PS3 which also should be on.

When installtion completes go to your TV press Home on the remote and navigate to the photo or music or video. You should see the mezzmo arrows logo and from there you can go to each of the folders that appear as they are on your pc and play them.

I've also discovered that you can turn on your PC using the favourites key on your TV remote.

Good luck to all who try this.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
gastyli
Explorer

The only tab that shows Windows Media Player is Video..there is nothing under the music tab....that did occur to me by why does WMP only show under that one tab and not the others ? How do I get the Music tab to see either WMP or my music folders ?

Thanks