Join now - be part of our community!

How to get Bravia Turn On to HDMI port by Auto Turn On Timer function?

profile.country.en_GB.title
fastapo
Explorer

How to get Bravia Turn On to HDMI port by Auto Turn On Timer function?

Hi.

I have a KDL-40HX725 TV and it is not turning on (by the timer option) on the last selected output device (as HDMI).

This is not a question on how to turn on the tv using the remote control!

This is a question about how to set the Auto Turn on feature of TV (timer) where you program the time and frequency of the week to the TV turns on automatically, as an alarm clock.

The problem is that using this option, it alwasy turn ON the TV on the TV entry (Antenna/Cable option) however I want to have it automatically turned on in HDMI or even Video Component, where I receive my Cable TV Signal. 

It seems to me a bug as if I use the remote control to turn on the TV it will turn in the last device I had used, but using the timer option to turn on, it will always turn on the "TV" option.

Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Heard you the first time, no need to 'spam' multiple old threads of your issue - Hence posts removed.

In regards to your issue, its not a bug, its designed that way as many connected devices will also be powered off.  

If your cable box supports HDMI-CEC functions as well as an 'on timer', then you simply enable Bravia Sync on the TV.  HDMI-CEC Functions work one way only - if both TV and HDMI decice are off, then upon powering up HDMI device, this should auto switch on the TV and auto switch to HDMI channel.  Upon switching TV off, connected HDMI devices can also be set to switch off.

Cheers

fastapo
Explorer

How do you explain the fact that if I use the remote control the TV is turned on in the HDMI 1 device and when it is turned by the timer feature (as alarm clock) it is turned on in the TV device (cable/Antenna)? It is clearly a bug. It should turn on the same way as the remote control, and detect the last selected device.

fastapo
Explorer

I know it might be hard to vizualise but let me show you the steps.

1: Set the timer to turning on the TV adjusting the clock time acordingly. 

Example: If it is 8:00pm, program it to turning on 8:01pm.

2: Turn off the TV (that is receiving the signal from HDMI) using remote control.

3: Wait 1 minute.

Result 1: The TV is turned on correctly, however it is turned on in the TV Input, where there no signal. 

5: At this point you can select the HDMI again using the remote control.

6: Turn off the TV again just to make the final test.

7: Turn on the TV using remote control.

Result 2: This time the TV is turned on in HDMI Input correctly. 

Dont you agree that this is a bug considering that the Result 1 is different than Result 2?

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

This has been addressed on the 2015-2016 Android sets, where there is an Input setting on the Timer whereby you can choose which Input, and even which Channel if you choose Digital (TV) you want it to turn on with.

I guess you have no such options?

But normally, for things on inputs, you are doing this ass-backwards, and the expectation is that the sending device is the one that should come on by timer, and fire up the TV via CEC (BraviaSync on Sonys, and whatever the maker of your source device may call it).

Have you got a timer on your sending device, and does it also have CEC?

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
fastapo
Explorer

My tv is from 2012 and I dont have CEC on my cable box device. I already gived up. My last hope is that my cable company had a updated device but probably Im going to buy a samsung anyway. Again: This is bug, no one uses coaxial anymore and for a TV from 2012 it would already contain a very basic function.

This is a Thanks for the help.