Join now - be part of our community!

How to get the activation code .. Sony Bravia TV KDL-40EX500

Samer.13
Explorer

How to get the activation code .. Sony Bravia TV KDL-40EX500

I have Sony Bravia KDL-40EX500 and I can't get the activation code from my tv to link it to my Sony Entertainment Network account. All apps are not appearing and " add an account or link an account " also dosen't appearing. Please help me .. What should I do .. I sent many E-Mails to Sony support but they didn't answer me.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

First thing is first - Is your TV connected to your home network either using an ethernet cable connected from the TV to the router and network settings configured on the TV (or via an optional wireless dongle?)

If so, try this:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/136362

If your still having troubles, see:

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/136366/

Although, I do not thing there are many (if any) apps left that are available on your TV.  Most apps have been discontinued on your TV as far as I am aware.

Cheers

Samer.13
Explorer

thank you for your advices, it's connected with a cable, but in option Network it's appear only ( Home theater control ) also BRAVIA Internet Video not one of my options .. When I try to make Refresh Internet Content, it's shown ( Configuration failed while connecting /please try again later )

Best Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Step 1:

If you go into the network settings:

Press HOME, then select > Network >

There should be an option somewhere to "View Network Status"

If anything fails - try re-doing the Wired Network Setup again - choose the Auto option and see if that works.  Once done, go back to 'View Network Status' again and see if its all OK.  If it is all OK, then try getting the activation code again - instructions in links i provided in first reply.  If it fails....Step 2.

Step 2:

If step 1 still fails, I think a factory reset is needed.  If you have custom picture settings, best write them down as they will also be reset.

HOME > Settings > System Settings > General Set-up > Factory Settings.  Follow onscreen instructions from there.

Once done, you will need to go through setting up the TV again.

Hopefully this helps and works.

Cheers

Samer.13
Explorer

sketch-1492459596701.pngMany thanks, I think there's something missing, because I have reset Factory setting and nothing changes!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool - So network is OK now (or was?).

Can you do another "Refresh Internet Content" ?  Does that work now?  Also does the "Activate Enhanced Features" icon appear under Network settings?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, can you check to see if you have the most recent firmware installed?

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/downloads/Z0000279

1. Turn on your TV and press theHOMEbutton on the remote to display the Home Menu
  2. Navigate toProduct Supportcategory and pressOK.
  3. Navigate toSystem Informationand pressOK.
  4. On the TV screen, the firmware version number should appear like this:PKG4.131EUL-0108- if the version number is PKG4.131EUL-0108 or higher you already have the most recent firmware

If not, follow the instructions in the link above.