Join now - be part of our community!

how to wall mount sony bravia 42 inch

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mirehma
Explorer

how to wall mount sony bravia 42 inch

Hi Guys

i have recenlty purchased a sony bravia 42 inch and was planning to wall mount with things provided in the box. i called sony to find out length of screws however i was told that i need a vesa adapter costing about 43 pounds including 3 days delievery http://uk.eetgroup.com/search?query=448584401.

could you guys let me know if we can use metal things came in the box to wall mount TV and what length of screws we need ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysWzC2lSPu0

or do we need to pay extra money to buy that adapter, which is very disappointing. 

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see in the manual:

Use screws (8 mm in diameter, not supplied) to install the Wall-Mount Base B on the wall.

I think length is subjective on how far you need to drill/screw into the wall and whether wall plugs are used etc etc.  Need to be sufficient in length to screw in to hold tthe base with the weight of the TV.  You could always ask for advice from B&Q, sometimes you can get the right person their and get great advice - my TV is not wallmounted, so I cant assist really here.

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Without knowing the exact model of your TV, it is hard to advise.  However I like to work on the principle of "Do it once, Do it right" - even with extra costs.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mirehma
Explorer

thanks for your reply, tv model is 

KDL-42W706B

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Thank you for replying back with the model number.  There are two ways you can Wall Mount this TV

1. Using the reverable bracket that is already provided (for the table-top stand). 
    See from page 7 of the manual : HERE
  2. Purchasing an additional bracket for VESA compatibility with other wall-mounting brackets.
    More information from the following web-page : HERE - This is the bracket that you were advised before-hand, and only need it if you are intending to use a VESA wall mount.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
mirehma
Explorer

Hi

Thanks for your help, i will use the bracket which comes with it, one last thing what should be the length of screws. they are not provided in box. they should be 8mm in diameter but not sure what length should be used.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

I see in the manual:

Use screws (8 mm in diameter, not supplied) to install the Wall-Mount Base B on the wall.

I think length is subjective on how far you need to drill/screw into the wall and whether wall plugs are used etc etc.  Need to be sufficient in length to screw in to hold tthe base with the weight of the TV.  You could always ask for advice from B&Q, sometimes you can get the right person their and get great advice - my TV is not wallmounted, so I cant assist really here.

Cheers