Join now - be part of our community!

Huge issues with SONY BRAVIA LED KDL 55 W 955 FULL HD 3D and dissapointing customer care

Huge issues with SONY BRAVIA LED KDL 55 W 955 FULL HD 3D and dissapointing customer care

I am a SONY customer from Romania. On 27.05.2014 I bought a SONY TV, model SONY BRAVIA LED KDL 55 W 955 FULL HD 3D, that cost approximately 2000 euro. On 20.09.2016 (after only 2 years and 3 months) the TV got broken. All of a sudden, the image dissapeared, you can still hear the sound but the screen is dark blue. Behind the TV, I can see some lights, and I presume those are the LEDs. I got in touch with the Customer Care  team of SONY Romania, but they refused to take any action as the TV was out of its warranty period, by 3 months and 20 days (2 year warranty). They suggested we go to the local SONY Repair Service and that I actually give them my old TV and and exchange it for a new one by paying an extra difference of 1000 EUR. Upon my inisiting (!), the local SONY Repair Service Centre checked my TV and evaluated that the display is broken. I was also told by them that a new SONY display for my TV model would in fact also cost 1000 EUR!! In the meantime, I actually found out that SONY does not provide the repair tools and pieces for none of their TVs, and therefore, no Repair Service Centre (at least in Romania, I am not sure about the rest of the world) has the possibility/capacity to fix any of their TVs. My gut feeling is that they take old TVs, they somehow repair them and then they sell them as "newish" TVs to their clients that had theirs broken. I read on my TVs' brochure that its lifetime is for about 5 years - which means that it is not allowed for SONY not to provide the bodyparts/tools to have it repaired. I was a big SONY fan, but I can definitely state now that I would never ever recommend them due to their customer care and low resistance or quality TVs. Did any of you have any issues like this? Any ideas where I can get some spare parts to fix my display? Thank you!
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have forwarded your compaint onto Sony Support as I am unsure on how we can assist you on these forums.

Cheers