Join now - be part of our community!

I was told my TV came with a 5 year warranty!

orakevin
Explorer

I was told my TV came with a 5 year warranty!

The Sony sales rep and the Manager in the shop that sold me the TV I purchased, a KD-55X9005A, both told me that the TV came with a 5 year warranty.  When I registered my product just now, it says I have a one year warranty, but that I can buy a 5 year plan.

Please tell me what gives here?

Tags (1)
41 REPLIES 41
profile.country.GB.title
Piggy11
Explorer

had the same problem in currys when you buy the tv there tell you the warranty is with sony.

when you enquire about this in currys they then say its with them.However after ringing around i found out the warranty is in fact with sony. once you register the tv with them. they then wait for your details from the point of sale ie currys.However currys dont send nothing out so it up to you to do the chasing for this . I nearly return the tv back because of this

profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

I finally have my guarantee paperwork! It's been a hassle to get it, but SONY are in the process of doing away with customers returning forms, so teething problems with a new system I guess. My advice to anyone else experiencing the same problem is; be patient, know your rights, keep copies of every email! Keep any receipt & take a photo of the label on the back of your TV with the serial number for further prrof of ownership.

n4bro1
New

ive just bought a sony 4k 55inch 3d tv from currys today and on the tv it says a free 5 year warrany but nowhere in the box says this ive registed it on the sony web site and that doesnt say a 5 year warrany either please help

profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

@n4bro1 From what I understand Sony are registering the TV's directly from the retailer. You can always call Sony support on 020 7365 2413.  Don't worry about it! You will get your guarantee! I had a lot of problems with the same issue but I bought my TV from an independant store.. Sony came good though. Just make sure you keep your receipt & copies of any emails you send. You can always give Currys customer service a ring if you have any problems (the number will be on your receipt)

grimsby1.
New

how do i receive my 5 year warranty for my registered TV

profile.country.GB.title
masaund86
New

just bought a tv from ao.com and want to know if it has a 1 year guarantee

profile.country.IE.title
Micksul

Hi, I bought my tv in 2015 and the sales guy told me I also had a 5 year warranty with Sony however I cannot find my warranty information after registering the TV with Sony online.

Where can I confirm the 5 year warranty?

Ps I also bought in the ROI like the opening poster.

profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

profile.country.IE.title
Micksul

Still can't find out how long I have left on the warranty for my KD-43XE8077 from that link.

profile.country.GB.title
Pete4L

Email them here with your Model #. Serial # and purchase details

customersupport.EN@eu.sony.com
You might have to change the EN for IE as you're in Ireland- I'm not sure about that, but that is the email address I have when I queried my 5 year guarantee